Attendance Policy 2023/2024
DO I NEED TO KEEP MY CHILD OFF SCHOOL - PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY
“It can be difficult to know whether your child is too ill to attend school. NHS guidance is clear that it’s fine to send them in with a minor cough or common cold, provided they don’t have a temperature.” See below
- School attendance is important for equipping your child with skills for life.
- Attending school every day can help your child to achieve their aspirations, and the aspirations you have for them.
- School isn’t just about learning. It’s a warm, supportive environment where your child can get a healthy meal and see their friends.
- School is an enriching environment that can help your child with their social and mental wellbeing.
- You can support your child’s physical, social and mental wellbeing by ensuring they are in school every day.
- We know that parents and carers worry about their children’s mental health. Rather than keeping your child off school, let us know about your concerns. We can then work together on supporting your child.